The World Health Organization’s (WHO) director-general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said on Friday that Europe had now become the epicenter of the COVID-19 outbreak, with more daily cases being reported than at the height of the outbreak in China, where the virus first began. He added that more than 123,000 cases had been reported, with 5,000 deaths.
Dr. Maria Van Kerkhove said that the timing of when the COVID-19 virus would peak globally was not easy to predict, however the trajectory of the coronavirus in each country would depend on how they respond and how they react to their first cases. She also said that the timing of the virus peaking in countries dealing with independent clusters would depend on how they look for the chains of transmission within the clusters.
Tedros also announced anyone could now donate to the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund, saying they were originally relying on governmental donations, but now the general public can also contribute. He said this would help with co-ordination to combat the virus, purchase more medical equipment, and invest in research and development.
For more info, please go to
Subscribe to Global News Channel HERE:
Like Global News on Facebook HERE:
Follow Global News on Twitter HERE:
Follow Global News on Instagram HERE:
#Coronavirus #COVID19 #Health #GlobalNews
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- [Garena Free Fire] Đây Là Lý Do Mà Các Bạn Thích Chơi Cùng AS | AS Mobile
- Liên Quân Mobile _ Hướng Dẫn Nạp Quân Huy Bằng Thẻ Việt Theo Vô Cùng Đơn Giản
- Phố đi bộ ngập sắc cầu vồng của cộng đồng LGBT
- Phí Phương Anh được đồng đội nhắc nhiệt tình | HTV NHANH NHƯ CHỚP | NNC #28 | 20/10/2018
- NTK Lê Minh Trí: "Anh Thái Châu rất khó tính trong chọn quần áo" | Hãy Nghe Tôi Hát – NSCĐ | Tập 15