He’s Russia’s longest-serving leader since Soviet dictator Josef Stalin.
And if you are a Russian and you are under 20, you’ve never known another leader.
His critics fear he’s preparing to be ‘president for life’.
The 67 year old has backed a constitutional amendment to reset his presidential term count to zero, allowing him to run in another two elections.
The lower house of parliament passed the legislation on Tuesday.
And Russians are due to have their say in a constitutional referendum next month.
The amendments are the latest in a choreographed process that began in January.
Putin argues staying in power after his term ends will be good for Russia.
But how convinced are his critics?
Presenter: James Bays
Viktor Olevich – Center for Actual Politics
Sergei Guriev – Professor of economics, Paris Institute of Political Studies
Daragh McDowell – Russia analyst, Verisk Maplecroft global risk consultancy
Subscribe to our channel
Follow us on Twitter
Find us on Facebook
Check our website:
Xem thêm Bài Viết:
- [Garena Free Fire] Đây Là Lý Do Mà Các Bạn Thích Chơi Cùng AS | AS Mobile
- Liên Quân Mobile _ Hướng Dẫn Nạp Quân Huy Bằng Thẻ Việt Theo Vô Cùng Đơn Giản
- Phố đi bộ ngập sắc cầu vồng của cộng đồng LGBT
- Phí Phương Anh được đồng đội nhắc nhiệt tình | HTV NHANH NHƯ CHỚP | NNC #28 | 20/10/2018
- NTK Lê Minh Trí: "Anh Thái Châu rất khó tính trong chọn quần áo" | Hãy Nghe Tôi Hát – NSCĐ | Tập 15